Making the best of this extra time delivered by this Covid-19 crisis and come out a winner may seem far in your mind right now.
Is it a question of seeing the glass half-full or half-empty? How do you feel?
The purpose of this blog is to open your mind to a concept that has brought solutions to millions of dedicated individuals all working in small groups for a common goal.
A Mastermind group.
Working in a small and controlled environment can provide opportunities like you’ve never seen before.
This following document will show exactly the process involved in creating your own mastermind group.
Collaboration is king
WHY? WHAT? HOW?
How to Start Your Mastermind Group
Working together, as a unified group, will not only make us stronger but it will strengthen our friendship.
I’ve been part of a group for the last 19 years. It’s not business oriented but it widens my horizon on life.
Imagine what it can do for your business!
Expand your network
Everyone feels part of the solution and we all grow together. We become unified when it is most needed.
As a unified group around a common goal, we honestly share your
problems and listen to others.
Each member of the group brings in ideas. At first, they may seem strange but using brainstorming techniques, these ideas have a high potential of becoming the next steps towards growth.
Because it was designed as a group where each member contributes, with his or her experience in making it a good plan.
WHY? this particular group
The purpose of this mastermind concept is to keep busy during this any unusual situations like
a pandemic or other crisis and develop a habit of working, as a small group in the future.
Because many of us may be stuck at home or physically isolated from our social network.
Photographers often isolate themselves particularly since the internet has changed our lifestyle.
So, let’s use this opportunity to reconnect even if it’s not physically
Let’s be the best equipped photographers of the industry. Let’s all work together towards our mutual goals and aspirations.
Napoleon Hill defines, “Coordination of knowledge and effort, in a spirit
of harmony, between two or more people, for the attainment of a
- A good Mastermind group can and has changed many lives.
- Excellent way to navigate the difficult challenges during this crisis.
- Through the collective experience of others.
- Photographers may think they are unique, but we are not!
Starting A Mastermind Group
Step 1: Choose Your Mastermind Group Type
In the case, we are working amongst photographers
- Select a Topic — Preparing for the after crisis
- You need a common Mission — Working as a Team towards the same goal: helping each other. We are not competitors, we are colleagues.
Goals & Accountability —This is when each member decides to be accountable to the group by following the established rules.
*One way with which I have seen amazing results: Each member writes himself or herself a series of 5 or 6 goals to be reached within the next 12 months.
You place this in an envelope. Pass the letter to a colleague and ask that this letter be mailed back to you in 1 year.
Step 2: Define Your Purpose • As a group, we want to move pass this crisis. Not just surviving but to identify and seek opportunities to grow afterwards. Everyone’s input is needed here.
• Establish an order of priorities– Decide on what to attack first. The group needs to agree on all priorities here.
Here is an example. As a group, we want to design concepts to:
- Reassess each other’s business model.
- reassess your financial situation
- Design your future communication with clients
- Define how to relaunch your business.
Step 3: Mastermind Ground Rules
- Everyone needs to establish clear expectations.
If you are clear in your intentions, them your commitment will be stronger. It’s a new way to work as a group.
- Each week, we meet via an online conference system Zoom, Skype, etc until we find solutions to all our goals. Time and dates. Meetings will last 60 minutes.
- We promise to keep this up after the crisis.
- No ego here. We are a Team.
- Feedback is welcome. Y’a but’s, are not allowed unless accompanied with an alternative proposal.
- We are accountable to ourselves, to the group.
- Any controversial issues are dealt with on the spot.
Step 4: Composition of the group
- 4 to 5 photographers and/or business coach
- Experience level similar
- High level of ambition
- Ethics, values similar
Step 5: Meetings Protocol
- Same format each week.
- Each meeting starts with an inspirational quote either in business or life.
- Meeting stays on even with one absentee.
- The topic of the meeting sent to all members by email 48 hours prior by group moderator of the week.
- Weekly update from last week’s goals (short)
- Discussions of daily topics.
- Questions and feedback from everyone
- Preparing agenda for next week
- One person per week sets, research and prepares the topic
- 5 minutes to present it.
- Comments from all others
- Plan of action designed in the last 10 minutes
- Each person states her or his goals for the week.
Let’s look at this as a worldwide network where everyone truly wants to help.
Let’s be the best equipped photographers of the industry.
©PhotoCoach International 2021